www.infralib.com

www.infralib.com
Please visit my new site http://www.infralib.com for my and other authors' newer posts, articles. We will also have forums, videos, webcasts and etc.

Friday 8 February 2013

Running 64bit CMD via 32bit SCCM client.

I needed to run dism.exe in an SCCM installation program, and I needed to call that via cmd.exe. I was getting Error Code 11 : You cannot service a running 64bit OS with a 32bit version of DISM
  errorcode11

The cmd.exe under system32 is 64bit but running c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c …. still causes problem if it’s called from 32bit app, like sccm client or c:\windows\syswow64\cmd.exe
So calling c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe explicitly didn’t help.
The solution is using sysnativealias, example : c:\windows\sysnative\cmd.exe
Because when you use sysnative you also say don’t redirect me to windows.
You may experiencing this problem for DISM operations in Windows, in that case change your working folder to C:\Windows\System32 or call DISM from this folder to get rid of this error.
  errorcode11-02
More details @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/windows/desktop/aa384187(v=vs.85).aspx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, this saved the day for me!